Moderated by SCOPE Europe’s Head of Monitoring, Frank Ingenrieth, our panel seeks to explore the global potential of co-regulatory tools in the field of data protection. Panellists will discuss the benefits of implementing codes of conduct to harmonize and build trust amidst the complexity of today’s digital economy.
In this spirit, our group of experts will share the challenges of implementing the LGPD on the Brazilian side, while providing insights on the successful experience of the European cloud sector with co-regulation.
Through an interactive and dynamic session, the audience will be able to understand how European and Brazilian key stakeholders are collaborating across borders to further develop robust and innovative data protection standards.
During the panel, our panellists will address the following questions:
• What are the parallels and differences between the Brazilian LGPD and the European GDPR?
• How to increase cross-sectoral and cross-border cohesion in the establishment of robust data protection standards?
• What is the European privacy sector’s experience with implementing codes of conduct as a GDPR compliance tool?
• What are the limitations of currently implemented compliance mechanisms and how can stakeholders jointly optimise these instruments?
Register now if you are curious to discover the answer to these questions together.
GDPR&LGPD: Exploring the Potential of Codes of Conducts Across Borders
May 26th, 2023 – 17:15 – 18:30 CEST, Area 42 Grand, Brussels (BE)
On stage with us:
- Natasha Torres Gil Nunes, Conexis Brasil Digital, Brazilian National Data Protection Authority (ANPD);
- Nathaly Rey, Google Cloud;
- Ricardo Campos, Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main, Instituto LGPD, Data Protection Commission at the Federal Council of the Brazilian National Bar Association;
- Corinna Schulze, SAP
For the preliminary programme, visit the conference’s webpage.
Make sure to subscribe Your SCOPE newsletter to stay up to date about upcoming events.